Find the help you need as you take your interview with tips, tech support, and more
Troubleshooting Video Interview Technical Problems
If you are having technical problems with your video interview, there are two common issues to check that resolve 95% of the issues candidates encounter.
1) Make sure you have Adobe Flash installed
Adobe Flash version 10 or higher is needed for your video camera to work properly.
- Check which version of Adobe Flash you have installed on your computer.
- If you don’t have Adobe Flash installed, you can download it here.
2) Check your microphone and speakers settings
Sometimes your microphone or speakers are turned off or disabled.
Be sure that your computer has speakers or headphones, and double check that they can play audio. This is required for you to hear the interview questions.
A microphone is required to record the audio portion of your interview. Double check that your computer has a microphone and that it is enabled.
Take your video interview with our Mobile App
- Click on the link that started your interview from your phone.
- Enter your name and email if requested and complete any text questions for the interview.
- Voice Advantage will identify which device your have (iPhone or Android) and take you to the iTunes Store or Google Play Store to download that app. (This is the Launch Page)
- Install the app, but don't open it yet.
- Switch back to the Launch Page in the phone's browser.
- The Launch Page tells the app about your interview so it can record your answers.
- If you closed the browser before finishing, re-open the original interview link. You can continue until the interview is complete.
If none of these option solve your problem, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to address the issue.